Items tagged "parfait":
Oreo Pudding Parfait
Procedure:1. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring the milk almost to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk sugar and egg yolks until pale yellow, smooth, and it falls in ribbons. Whisk in cocoa powder and corn starch.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons dark cocoa powder (Hershey’s Special Dark or some other brand processed with Alkali)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream (recipe follows)
- 6 Oreo cookies (or,since you’re making this from scratch, I recommend the Newman-O’s organic)
2. Whisk in hot milk, a half a cup at a time until mixture is warm to the touch. Pour entire mixture back into the saucepan and whisk constantly until pudding starts to thicken and it coats the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Pull off the heat and add in cream and vanilla. Spoon a small amount into 6 glass serving cups. Refrigerate while you make the whipped cream. Divide the whipped cream among the glasses (reserving a little extra for garnish). Top with remaining pudding. Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and a crushed oreo cookie.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
Combine all ingredients with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.