Items tagged "sugar cookie":
Strawberry Mousse Sugar Cookie Cups
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped strawberries, plus more for garnish *optional
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube sugar cookie dough
- With your electric mixer beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth, about 30 seconds. Carefully stir in your Cool Whip. When combined fold in your chopped strawberries.
- Place bowl in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 ° and spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of cookie dough into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes until they are just starting to golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle 4-5 white chocolate chips in each cup. The heat from the cookies will melt them. As soon as the chips are soft spread carefully in the bottom of the cookie cup.
- Release the cookies from the muffin tin by loosening with a knife. Let cool on a wire rack until ready to fill.
- When ready to fill the cups, use either a spoon or a piping bag (or ziplock) and fill each with about one teaspoon of mousse.
- Garnish with a strawberry slice, if desired.
Store in refrigerator after assembled or until ready to eat
Sugar Cookie bars
- 1 cup butter; room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. cream butter and sugar until fluffy
2. add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg, then add vanilla & mix well
3. in a separate bowl combine flour, salt & soda & stir with a whisk to combine
4.add to wet mixture and mix just until combined, then spread on a greased baking sheet (use a 13 x 18 pan).
5. bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and frost.