Items tagged "vanilla":
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and lighly flour three 9×2-inch round cake pans, then line the bottoms with waxed paper.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
5. Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool the layers in pans for 1 hour. Remove from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
PINK VANILLA BUTTERCREAM
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pink food coloring
1. cream together the vegetable shortening and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy, add confectioners’ sugar and continue beating until fluffy. add the heavy cream, vanilla extract and pink food coloring (depends on how pink you want it), beating until you reach the desire consistency.
No Bake Vanilla Cake Batter Truffles
Yields: 20 to 30 truffles depending on size preference. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- 1 c vanilla cake mix
- 1/4 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave (optional and you can just use all sweetened condensed milk if you don’t have agave on hand)
- 1.5 to 2 c chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- This mixture should be quite solid and not runny, but not so dry that you can’t mold it into balls. If you find that your mixture is a little too runny, add a touch more cake mix. If it’s a little too dry, add more sweetened condensed milk/agave. I ended up using about 1.25 c of cake mix to get the perfect consistency.
- After you’ve made the dough, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes and then remove and roll into balls.
- After the balls have been made, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes minutes or until well-chilled, ensuring the melted chocolate will adhere and set up properly.
- Melt the chocolate chips, and dip the chilled cake batter balls into melted chocolate. Using parchment paper is a tip I’d recommend when working with melted chocolate. Place truffles in freezer or fridge to set up.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder; stir to combine.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs and yolk. Gradually, whisk in the sugar, then the vanilla and melted butter. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour mixture. Set the batter aside while you heat a pizzelle iron. I use VillaWare Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Baker.
After the iron has been heating for a few minutes, open the cover and spray the top and bottom of the imprints with oil. Close the iron to finish heating.
Drop a scant tbsp of the batter just a bit further of the center of each imprint, close the cover, and bake the pizzele until the steam stops coming out from between the plates.
You can peek without ruining them – if they are too pale, close the iron and bake longer.
Transfer baked pizzele to a wire rack to cool. Repeat the process, there’s no need to grease the iron again. Store the cooled cookies between sheets of parchment paper in an air-tight container.
Vegan Vanilla Sex Bob-Omb Cupcakes
Makes 6 Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (+1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped clean
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. In a measuring glass, whisk together the soy milk and cider vinegar. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to curdle. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the margarine and sugar until slightly fluffy. Add the paste you’ve scrapped from the vanilla bean and the two extracts. Then whisk in the soy milk mixture. Slowly, while stirring with a wooden spoon, sift in your dry ingredients and stir slowly until the batter has just come together. Do not over mix.
3) To bake: Place one tablespoon of the batter down into each of the cupcake liners. Then place a vanilla sandwich cookie (recipe below) on top of the spooned batter. Add two more tablespoons to each of your liners, and cook for about 25 minutes - or until you cake tester comes out clean and the tops of your cupcakes are golden. Set out to cool before adding the pastry cream.
Vegan Vanilla Sandwich Cookie
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 2 Tablespoons non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 a vanilla bean, scraped clean
- 1/4 vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 325F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
2) Cream together the shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and soy milk and cream together. Add the dry ingredients and stir with wooden spoon until everything comes together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and cool for at least ten minutes.
3) Take dough out and roll between two sheets for baker’s paper until about 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut out circles (which should be the same size of the bottom of your cupcake pan) and bake for about 12 minutes, or until just golden. Set out to cool.
4) While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting: Cream the margarine and shortening together until fluffy, then add the vanilla you’ve taken from the bean and the extract. Add the powdered sugar a 1/4 of a cup at a time and mix until all together. Spoon the cream onto one of the cooled cookies and sandwich another on top.
Vegan Vanilla Pastry Cream
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup soy milk, divided
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped clean
1) In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of soy milk and the flour until it forms a paste. Set aside. In a small pot, add the rest of the soy milk, sugar, and the paste from the vanilla bean. Whisk to combine, then add the flour mixture. Over medium heat, whisk for about five to six minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Add the lemon juice, and whisk for about another minute. Take off the heat, transfer to another bowl to cool. Place some plastic wrap directly on top of the cream, so a skin doesn’t form. Let cool before topping the cupcakes.
Vanilla Cupcakes for decorating
Ingredients: (makes 24 )
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line tins with cupcake papers/grease tins
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Sweet Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk or buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
1. preheat the oven to 350, and prep cupcake pans with liners
2. sift together the flour, baking powder and salt
3. whisk together the milk and egg whites in a medium bowl
4. put the sugar and lemon zest in a mixer bowl or another large bowl and rub them together with your fingers until the sugar is moist and fragrant
5. add the butter and, working with the paddle or whisk attachment, beat at medium speed for a full 3 minutes, until the butter and sugar are very light… beat in the extract, then add one-third of the flour mixture, still beating on medium speed
6. beat in half of the milk-egg mixture, then beat in half of the remaining dry ingredients until incorporated, add the rest of the milk and eggs, beating until the batter is homogeneous, then add the last of the dry ingredients
7. finally, give the batter a good 2-minute beating to ensure that it is thoroughly mixed and well aerated, then divide the batter evenly into cupcake tins
8. bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes are well risen and springy to the tough – a toothpick inserted into the centers should come out clean, transfer to cooling racks and cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from tins
Vanillabean Buttercream icing
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 24 Tbsp. (3 sticks) unsalted butter , softened
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (i used vanilla bean paste
1. in a heavy, medium saucepan, whisk sugar and flour until well blended
2. add milk and cream and whisk until smooth
3. set pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 12 minutes
4. reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then pour into a bowl and let cool completely, about 1 hour
5. in a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until fluffy
6. gradually beat in cream-flour mixture, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating until blended with butter
7. beat on medium-high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 1 minute, beat in honey and vanilla
8. refrigerate until buttercream holds its shape and is thick enough to spread, about 20 minutes
Easy Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup organic sugar or granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- cookies, crumbled for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring the milk almost to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk sugar and egg yolks in a large glass bowl until pale yellow, smooth, and falling in ribbons. Whisk in corn starch until smooth.
2. Whisk in hot milk, a half a cup at a time until mixture is warm to the touch. Pour entire mixture back into the saucepan and whisk constantly until pudding starts to thicken and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Pull off the heat and add in vanilla. Pass through a strainer, if you think the pudding looks lumpy (that could be a sign that the eggs cooked quickly). Pour into a bowl or into individual cups. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Pear Vanilla Crisp
for the topping
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 7 teaspoons butter, cut into bits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cloves
for the fruit
- 3 cups sliced seckel pears
- 3” segment of vanilla bean
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a small, roughly 8 x 10” baking dish.
2) Combine the oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, sugar, flour, salt and cloves in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are crumbly. Cut in the butter with a few short pulses.
3) In a small bowl toss the pears with the zest and juice, flour, sugar, cloves and salt. Then arrange fruit in a small in the buttered baking dish. Smooth the topping over the fruit evenly.
4) Bake for 45 minutes, or until it is quite bubbly and golden brown on top. Cool for 45 minutes and serve as is, or with a dollop of whipped cream.